During this COVID-19 pandemic, everyone at home needs to be safe and healthy. But staying at home for a long period will keep you worrying about your health, so what can be done in order to be fit during this lockdown stage. Well, you can perform various simple exercises or meditation at home to maintain your fitness and also motivate your families too.
Below you can check for 10 best home exercises to keep yourself fit.
1) Jumping Jack Exercises at Home
One of the simple exercises you can perform at home is Jumping Jack. It helps to keep your bone and joints healthy. This exercise is performed by jumping up and widen your leg or in a clapping position, return back and repeat. Also by performing this exercise, it will improve your heart rate and blood circulation in your body.
Jumping Jack is the part of the plyometrics exercise which also covers skipping, burpees, squat jumps, and box jumps. Since it is a cardio exercise it also helps to reduce the weight and burn a lot of calories from our body. The person having issues with joint pain, muscle injuries or any health issues needs to contact the doctor before you start this exercise.
Steps to do Jumping Jack Excercise:
- Stand straight with your legs together and arms at your sides.
- Now slightly bend your knees and move and jump up into the air.
- Keep jumping and spread your legs. Also, keep on stretching your arms out and over your head.
- Now jump back to the starting point.
- Keep on repeating this step.
2) Push-ups Exercise
Push-ups exercise is a very good exercise for beginners and experts. By doing push-ups once can strengthen their chest muscles, the triceps, and biceps of their upper arms. Overall push-ups give a boost to function your body properly. For beginners, they can check the site like Youtube and Udemy for proper training also to save more use of Udemy coupons if you’re purchasing any paid course.
Steps to do Push-ups exercise:
- Kneel on the exercise mat or on the floor bring your feet together.
- Now bend yourself in a high plank in a pushup position, hands shoulder-width apart, and with your fingers facing forward. Your shoulders should be positioned over your hands. Make sure to make the position of your back flat and abs in.
- Now move lower until your chest or chin touches the ground.
- Continue pushing your arms until it is fully extended at your elbows and you’re back in the plank.
- Now keep repeating the process you can start with slow as 10 push-ups first and gradually increase the numbers as you start building your strength.
3) Lunges Exercise
During the lockdown period if you are thinking of losing your weight then lunge exercises is perfect to lose your muscles around hips, thighs, and calves. A lunge is a single-leg bodyweight exercise that relaxes your hips, thighs, quads, and hamstrings and other muscles of your inner thighs. To make it more relaxable if you love reading books along with exercise you can make use of Amazon audiobooks which can make your exercise more fun save on the audible books with Amazon coupons.
Steps to do Lunges exercise:
- Pick a big step forward with your right leg and start to shift your weight forward so the heel hits the floor first.
- Try to lower your body until your right thigh is parallel to the floor and your right shin is vertical.
- Press into your right heel slowly so you can get back to your starting position.
- Continue to keep this repeating on the other side.
4) Hip Bridges Exercise for Back
Hip bridges exercises are the simple lying exercise that helps in improvising the lower back pain and neck pain. Perfect exercise for anyone who is sitting at home or office for a longer period of time and facing problems in their back movement. This exercise does not need much space as you need to only lie down and can be comfortably done in any place.
Steps to do Hip Bridges exercise:
- Keep yourself comfortable and lie flat on your back. Kindly keep your feet about hip-distance apart with your heels a few inches away from your butt.
- Try to push your heels to lift your hips up while squeezing your glutes. Try to make one diagonal line from your shoulders to your knees.
- Pause for 2 seconds then slightly keep your lower back down.
- Try to do the same thing by lifting your right leg straight up and also lifting the left leg.
- Do this 10 times each and perform a total of 3 sets.
5) Crunches for Abs
Crunches are the abdominal exercises that help to build the strongback and abs and also help in reducing the extra fat from your body. If you want to try and reduce the extra weight from the body crunches can give you the well-toned belly. Boost your confidence in doing the crunches along with playing the music from Gaana you can also use Gaana gift cards to save more on subscriptions.
Steps to do Crunches at home:
- Try to lie back with your knees bent and feet straight on the floor.
- Put your hands behind your head and relax.
- Hold your elbows position to sides but rounded slightly in.
- Now slowly you can pull your abdominal inward.
- Get in the curl up position and forward your head, neck, and shoulder blades lift them off the floor.
- Hold for the moment at the top of the movement for a few seconds.
- Slowly get back down and repeat this for 15-20 times.
6) Squats Exercise to Burn Fat
Squats exercise requires several muscles on your upper and lower body to work together. It also helps in the proper functioning of the blood and digestive system. To perform this exercise it doesn’t require any equipment and it can be easily performed at home. The main benefit of square exercise is it helps to burn fat, look slim and trim, boost metabolism, and gives proper posture. Some of the variations used in squats include weights like barbells, dumbbells, or yoga balls.
Steps to do Squats exercise:
- First, you need to slightly wider your feet than hip-width apart.
- Keep your chest upfront and shift your weight onto your heels as you push your hips back into a sitting position.
- Now keep your hips lower until your thighs are parallel to the floor.
- Pause with your knees over for 2 seconds.
- Take a long breath and push back up to your starting position.
- Keep this continuing for 10 for 5 sets each and gradually you can increase the number.
7) Kick Back Exercise
Kick Back exercise is the simplest to perform at home. You have to first sit on the mat or on the floor and you have to get into all fours on your hands and knees. Now kick your right leg back until it is straight and make sure that your leg is in the right position. Now slowly bring your leg down and in a similar way repeat for the other side.
Steps to do Kick Back Exercise:
- Lie on the floor on your back position with your hand placed under your bottom.
- Now raise your right leg up and slowly put the leg down. Similarly for the left leg.
- Now repeat this process and try to do 10 times each for 5 sets.
8) Side Plank with Bent Knee Excercise
Side planks with bent knees are the best exercise to make your hip muscles strong. It may be a little uncomfortable at first, but slowly you can hold the grip and gradually increase the count.
Steps to do Side Plank with Bent Knee Exercise:
- You can begin by laying yourself on the right side and rest your upper body with your right elbow to keep yourself in a supportive position.
- Now keep your legs and hips on the floor with your legs in a bent position.
- Then slowly start lifting your hips up until they are in a straight line from your head to your knees.
- Slowly move down your lower back and continue with the other side.
9) Toe Taps with Jumps
Toe taps are the best exercise to try at home during this coronavirus lockdown situation if you feel any kind of discomfort or pain doing exercise you can avoid it. This toe-tap exercise needs some sturdy object or the lowest step on a staircase.
- Stand in front of the lowest step staircase.
- Touch your any toe in the step lets take your right toe first jump up and switch the feet in mid-air and similarly touch your left toe jump up and continue this process for 30-60 seconds for each toe taps.
The best warm-up exercise you can do at home during lockdown before starting any major workout.
10) Yoga Exercise for Weight Loss
Yoga exercise can be easily performed at home during this lockdown period. It is a simple exercise that helps to reduce weight. Since there are more than 300 positions, some of them are most beneficial for reducing weight like Padmasana, Bhujangasana, Balasana, and Tadasana. Some of the basic exercises to try during this lockdown period are Easy Pose, Mountain Pose, Downward Facing Dog, Cobra Pose, Warrior Pose, Bound Angle Pose, Chair Pose, Bellows Breath