Summers have arrived, and we are ready to embrace it with a visit to beaches, watermelons, and mangoes, and hopefully, holidays (consider the Covid situation). As we prepare for summers at the same time, are we prepared to beat the summer heat? Well, what’s a better, affordable, and effective way to do it then with Air coolers. We did some snooping for some of the best brands for them, and there are numerous brands and types of air coolers online. Get discounts on your air coolers with Amazon coupons, Flipkart coupons, Tata CLiQ coupons, PayTM Mall coupons, and Croma Coupons. It was an overload of information for us as well. So, we have narrowed it to the 10 best Air coolers brands in India for Home in 2021. Along with a guide on what to look for when you buy an air cooler for Bedrooms, living rooms, small offices and more.
Things to consider when buying an Air Cooler
Compared to Air Conditioners, Air coolers are affordable and do not take much maintenance and space. It is essential to pick a cooler of the exact size. If a cooler is smaller than the size needed, it will have to work for a longer time to cool the room, and so it may absorb more power depending on the variation in wattage of the cooler’s sizes. You need not trouble yourself with it; we have put together a brief guide to keep in mind while purchasing one.
One of the most crucial aspects of buying something is exactly how much you can invest in it. Although the gap in air coolers costs is almost marginal, it would be difficult to pick one if you don’t have a budget in mind. You could start looking at air coolers whose price is Rs.6000 and end up looking at an air cooler worth Rs.12000. So, it’s ideal to keep the spending fixed or on a budget.
You can choose between evaporative/desert coolers or portable coolers based on the climatic conditions of the area where you live. Evaporative cooling is a good way to cool indoor spaces, particularly in warm weather. However, it depends completely on the environment in which you live. As a result, knowing the function of evaporative air coolers will help you determine the most suitable cooling solution.
The trick to successfully cooling your home with an evaporative cooler is the supply of fresh, dry air that is typically encountered in desert areas or locations where there is no humidity. If you want to cool a wide area like a hall—then desert air coolers will be enough. They pull more fuel, more space, and more water, but they have better cooling. If you want customised use and a smaller space, cool portable.
Before you make a purchasing decision, convey the correct weightage to the standard of the model you have set your eyes on. Below are some features that you need to keep in mind when you head out to buy room air coolers.
Thickness – Cooler pads should be around 90 mm thick to achieve optimum efficiency. Now, the thickness of the pad is necessary to get well-cooled air.
Speed – It is still possible if the cooler has speed regulation options. You should take home a variable speed cooler that lets you adjust the speed of the fan. Still, calm down with air coolers that have a better cooling effect and less noise.
Water Level Controller – Your prospective cooler must have an electronic water level controller that will keep the water in the cooler at present temperatures and prevent it from leaking out.
Shutoff Dampers – Shut Off dampers are flaps in the ventilator discharge that reduce the cooler’s lack of cooling. They are also present in the vent that opens when the fan starts and shuts when the fan stops.
Remote Control – This accessory gives you a hands-on feel for a simple and comfortable mode of service. You can also adjust the fan speed with remote control as per your whims.
Top 10 Best Air Coolers in India for Home or Small Offices
The list that we prepared was drawn up on the basis of grade, reputation, and ratings. This list consists of a number of coolers that we believe have value for money and are considered the best air cooler for a home in India. So, let us try it out now.
1. Symphony Hicool i 31 Litre Air Cooler
Symphony is a brand that has been around for a long time in India. It has designed and produced different models of air coolers. The ‘Symphony Hicool I 31 litres Air Cooler’ is the best personal cooler in India.
It was designed to provide narrow spaces a spot of ventilation, so it’s easy to sit in front of it. It has a water-holding space at the bottom that cannot be completely seen. However, there is a transparent margin for varying amounts, so you get to see how much water is left in the colder air.
As this air cooler has i-Pure and Hicool technologies, you can be certain that the air blown out by the fan will be purified of scent, bacteria, pollen, and even allergy.
Symphony Hicool i 31 Litre Air Cooler Features –
- This air cooler has a device restore feature that knows the previous settings you’ve made. If the cooler starts, it restores the settings, saving you time and ensuring performance.
- This air cooler also has an inlet of ice along with an inlet of water; its tank capacity is 31L.
- Along with an inlet of sewage, there is an outlet of overflowing water, which cleanly removes excess water; water may be stored in a bucket.
- This air cooler comes with a fully operated remote control with timer settings for up to 7 hours.
- Comes with a one-year warranty.
- Product size: 50 x 38 x 91.5 cm; 10.8 kg
- Price: Rs.8,500-Rs.11,000.
|Consumes low Power||Ineffective in cooling if the air is already humid.|
|5 seconds Alert when the water tank is empty||Takes a lot of time to cool big spaces.|
|Has a fully operative remote|
|Easily movable (Has wheels)|
|Easy access to the water inlet, outlet and ice compartment.|
|Easy manual settings on the cooler|
2. Symphony Diet 12T 12 Litre Personal Air Cooler
The Symphony Diet 12T 12 Litre Personal Air cooler has received a positive response from over 2,000 consumers. This Symphony air cooler is often called a small tower cooler since it was designed like a tower cooler but is lightweight enough to be known as a personal cooler. With a ranking of 3 stars out of 5 (Amazon statistics), this cooler tower is considered to be worth its expense.
This Symphony air cooler is primarily used for small compact spaces and indoor ventilation, it would be inefficient outdoors. However, as this air cooler focuses more on the volume of air it emits and even at high speeds, it appears to produce a lot more noise compared to other air coolers of this scale.
The backside has an inlet for ice water, an outlet for overflow of water, and even a drain plug situated at the bottom of the air cooler.
Symphony Diet 12T 12 Litre Personal Air Cooler features –
- 1 honeycomb pad located at the back; has a dust filter, 2.5PM wash filter.
- Advance controls – ‘air speed control’ and ‘swing pump’.
- Can hold up to 12litres of water at full capacity.
- Easily movable
- Comes with a 1-year warranty.
- Product dimensions: 30 x 33 x 84.5 cm ; 7.7 Kg
- Price: Rs.5,500-Rs.6,000
|Lightweight and has wheels; easy movement.||Delicate, as it is pretty small and weighs less.|
|Throw air up to 30ft||Can cool only small rooms.|
|Easily cool a room of 30m^3.||Makes a lot of noise in comparison to other air coolers of this size.|
|Consumes low power, works on 170watts/230V.|
3.Symphony Siesta 70 Litres Air Cooler
Symphony Siesta air cooler has a 16-inch fan that is powered by a powerful engine. This air cooler has wheels located at the bottom of its frame that ensure quick movement indoors.
it has a plastic-based body shape with half of its front side space used to throw out the air of its powerful fan. Symphony Siesta is an air cooler with 3 honeycomb pads placed on the three sides to help with excellent cooling.
It needs proper cross-ventilation, which means that it will lose its effectiveness in a closed space. It has two levers situated at the top of the air cooler that can be used to control the ventilation and the swing/pump of the air cooler.
This air cooler has a water inlet on the front rim, which is large enough for you to place on ice. It even has a water level indicator at the bottom, so you know when you’re going to have to load the air cooler.
Symphony Siesta 70 Litres Air Cooler features –
- It has inverted compatibility.
- Easily Movable
- Works on low power of 160watt/230V.
- Comes with a 1-year warranty.
- Product dimensions: 61.8 x 50.5 x 111.5 cm; 13 Kg
- Price: Under Rs.10,000.
|The water inlet is big; hence you can directly add ice to it||Doesn’t provide many features unlike other air coolers of the same size.|
|It has inverter compatibility.||Coolers won’t work properly in closed rooms.|
|Can cool a room up to 370 Sq. Ft.|
|It can hold up to 70litres of water.|
4.Hindware SNOWCREST 85-H Desert Air Cooler
Hindware Snow crest 85-H is the strongest air cooler for a home in India by 2021, according to reports. This personal air cooler has a large area that is used to throw out the cold air. Compared to other personal air coolers, the one presented by Hindware focuses on supplying you with more air at once.
It has three controls, which are located at the top of the cooler. These controls would allow you to regulate the speed of the air and the amount of humidity/cooling you want. Snowcrest has honeycomb cooling mats, which are mounted on the three sides of the cooler.
This portable cooler has a water level tracker to help you out and let you know when there’s not enough water in the cooler.
Hindware SNOWCREST 85-H Desert Air Cooler features
- Uses up to 200 watts only.
- Has wheels and can easily be moved.
- Its water tank has a capacity of 85litres.
- Possesses four-way air deflection technology.
- Comes with a 1-year warranty.
- Product dimensions: 48 x 37 x 87 cm
- Price: will be around Rs.9,000 – Rs.12,000.
|Quantity air in comparison to other personal air coolers.||Not for big areas.|
|Easily Movable||Will not work efficiently in humid conditions.|
|Has a four-way air deflection technology.||You’re going to have to manually change the settings.|
5. Hindware Snow Crest 50 – W Desert Air Cooler
This Hindware Snow crest desert air cooler is around 3.4ft tall and has a plastic body build. The front side of this air cooler is more the air vent area.
It has honeycomb pads on all three sides to help with fast cooling, these pads are made of wood-wool. That helps the water to disperse uniformly and then work with the fan to have a good moisture/cooling effect.
This Hindware desert air cooler has 4 castor wheels fitted to the bottom of its body structure, which ensures smooth movement throughout the house. This desert cooler is compatible with an inverter. It has two controls just above the air vent, which can be used to control the speed of air and swing/pump.
Hindware Snow crest 50 – W Desert Air Cooler Features
- This air cooler is categorized as a desert cooler due to its big size.
- Has a big air vent, and a high air delivery capacity (of 3300m^3/hr).
- It is inverter compatible and works on 190watts of power.
- Has 4 castor wheels for smooth mobility.
- It has a 4-way air deflection system.
- This desert air cooler comes with a 1-year warranty.
- Product dimensions: 24.80 x 20.70 x 40.94 inches
- Price: Will cost you below Rs.7000.
|Easily Movable||Hard to move after filled with water|
|High air delivery||Cannot be used outside|
|Cools big rooms and spaces.||Only work efficiently if there is proper air ventilation.|
|It consumes less amount of power (190watts).|
|It has inverter compatibility.|
6. Bajaj Platini PX97 Torque 36 Litres Room Air Cooler
Bajaj is one of the best air cooler brands in India in 2021. With a wide range of air coolers to choose from, they’ve come up with a basic but powerful air cooler.
The Bajaj Platini PX97 is a personal air cooler since it is limited in scale but also manages to cool a small space quickly. However, it is essential to enable adequate cross-ventilation to cool every specific space efficiently. This way, the outside air works its way inside and doesn’t cause the space to get too wet.
The Platini PX97 doesn’t make much noise but does provide you with enough airflow. To give you an estimate, this air cooler provides an average of 1300m^3 per hour of airflow.
Bajaj Platini PX97 Torque 36 Litres Room Air Cooler features
- This air cooler is lightweight and has wheels for easy movement.
- Has a 36litre water holding capacity.
- Has two control knobs on the top corner: one for ‘Fan speed’ and the other for ‘Swing Pump’.
- Throw air up to 30ft distance and easily cool a room of 150 square ft.
- This air cooler has a four-way air deflection technology.
- The Platini PX97 is inverter compatible.
- Comes with a 1-year warranty.
- Product dimensions: 33 x 33 x 50 cm ; 11 Kg
- Price: Will be worth below Rs.7000
|Can throw air up to 30ft that’s from; one corner of a room to the other.||You will have to allow air-ventilation, or it will cause too much humidity.|
|Lightweight and has wheels; you can easily move it around the house.||Only useful for small spaces; will be inefficient in big rooms.|
|Has simple controls.||Can only be used indoors, will not be effective outdoors.|
|This air cooler is not very durable.|
|You will have to allow air-ventilation, or it will cause too much humidity.|
7. Bajaj DC2015 43 Litres Room Air Cooler
The Bajaj DC2015 43Ltrs air cooler has earned a decent customer ranking, with 3.5 stars out of 5 stars. This air cooler is designed to cool large rooms faster and can be carried about with ease, as it has castor wheels at the bottom of the structure.
It’s got a rubber body, so there’s no doubt of having rust. The air cooler has three honeycomb pads on three sides to help it cool quickly and easily to the room.
It has 4-way air deflection technology to ensure that the air enters any part of the room. Much of the area on the front is devoted to the fan to throw out the air at high speeds.
Bajaj DC2015 43 Litres Room Air Cooler features
- The air cooler has a plastic body structure; rust-free.
- This air cooler will store up to 43 litres of water in its tank.
- It can cool a space of 600 sq. ft. with ease.
- It has a castor wheel that ensures easy mobility.
- Works with a capacity of 200watts/230V.
- Comes with a warranty of 1 year.
- Product size: 63.5 x 47 x 109.2 cm; 19.2 kg
- Price: It Will cost you about 11,000 Rs.
|This air cooler can easily cool a room of 600 sq. ft.||It is heavy so you may have an issue moving it with water inside.|
|It is rust-free and has easy controls.||Cross ventilation is required or else this air cooler will become inefficient.|
|This air cooler has wheels; ensuring easy mobility.||It won’t provide a cooling effect if your surroundings are already humid.|
|Works on 200watts/230V of power.|
|It has inverter compatibility.|
8. Crompton Greaves Ozone Air Cooler
Crompton has been known to supply its goods with beautiful features, making them appealing and robust. It is categorised as the strongest desert cooler owing to its heavyweight and height. Is ideal for indoor use, rather than being put outside the window of the home.
The front side of this desert cooler has a water inlet. You may also apply ice directly to it via the inlet or use an ice chamber situated at the tip. It also has a water level display, which has various amounts written on it, so you know when to fill the water in the air cooler. The wheels used with this air cooler are locking wheels to ensure that your air cooler remains in place.
Crompton Greaves Ozone Desert Air Cooler Features
- This air cooler is equipped with wheels for fast movement; you can also lock them.
- Water level monitor and two buttons are available to adjust the settings.
- Water inlet situated on the front side, along with an icebox on the top of the air cooler.
- This desert cooler has an inverter capability.
- This air cooler has a 4-way air deflection technology and a 75-litre water tank.
- Can throw up to 52ft of air, air distribution.
- Can supply air to 52ft, air to 46000m^3/hr and
- It will comfortably cool space with a size of 550 sq. ft.
- Comes with a warranty of 1 year.
- Product size: 61 x 40.5 x 120 cm; 14.5 kg
- Price: It’s going to cost you Rs.12,000.
|Easy movements because of wheels.||A bit heavy and the lock-in wheels may be an issue at times.|
|Two controls on the top and an icebox. Water indicator located on the front side.||Plastic body, hence, not preferred to be placed outdoors.|
|Works on low power 190watts/230V.||Comparatively small to other desert air coolers.|
|High water holding capacity- 75litres.|
|Rust-free and easy clean-up.|
|Can throw air up to 52ft and easily cool a room of 550 sq. ft.|
9. Bajaj Frio 23 Litres Personal Air Cooler
The Bajaj Frio is a personal air cooler that has gained notoriety for its performance. This air cooler has a lightweight body construction built on plastic. It’s not very large and is only ideal for cooling small spaces and rooms. It can be shifted smoothly from one position to another, as it has pre-assembled castor wheels at the bottom of its frame.
The water tank can accommodate up to 23 litres and is situated right below the fan. There is a water level indicator situated right at the bottom of the front. It’s going to let you know when you need to refill the air cooler.
Bajaj Frio 23 Litres Personal Air Cooler Feature
- The Bajaj Frio is a personal air cooler that has a water holding capacity of 23litres.
- Air cooler is to be used for mostly indoor purposes and small spaces.
- This air cooler has castor wheels at the bottom for smooth movement.
- Has a single honeycomb pad at the backside.
- It can work on the power of 140watts/230V.
- This air cooler comes with a 1-year warranty.
- Product dimensions: 44.5 cm x 34.0 cm x 78.0 cm
- Price: It will cost you about Rs.5500.
|It is a personal air cooler that is lightweight.||It is not useful in cases of big areas.|
|This air cooler can easily be moved around.||This air cooler is inefficient after a while as the room will become humid.|
|Has a 23litre water tank.||Not as durable as other air coolers.|
|Consumes low power.|
10. Orient Electric Snow Breeze Magnus Desert Air Cooler
Orient Electric Snow breeze Magnus is a specially built desert cooler with a 4-way cooling system. Highly energy-efficient and easy to manage, this air cooler is the perfect alternative for those who want the greatest cooling convenience without burning a hole in their pockets. The honeycomb air cooling medium and the ice chamber give an additional chill to its strong air discharge.
Orient Electric Snow Breeze Desert Air Cooler Features
- Dense nest honeycomb pads, 25 per cent more cooling and 45 per cent more water retention
- Air delivery: 3500m3/hr, air throw: 37 ft (400 sq. Ft), wattage: 200w, capacity: 85 litres
- Aero fan technology for strong air throw features a fan size of 16 inches.
- Warranty: 1 year on product
- Product Dimensions: 62 x 49.5 x 111 Centimetres
- Price: Buy it below Rs 11,000
|Highly energy-efficient||Coolers won’t work properly in closed rooms.|
|Three Fan levels: high, medium, and low||Lightweight can tip over|
|Large Tank Capacity|
There are many more products from these top brands that would make the top list. As the summers are approaching us, what do you think of these top 10 Air coolers?